Since the late 1950s, when the United States National Institute of Health made discoveries that led to the classification of selenium as nutritionally essential , there has been an enormous amount of scientific inquiry that has shown that selenium plays critical roles in numerous aspects of human health:
- Selenium appears to help repair DNA damage caused by mutations in the BRCA1 gene. This was demonstrated by a study published in Epidemiology, Biomarkers, & Prevention
- Swedish researchers found that combining Selenium with CoQ10 lowered cardiovascular mortality risk - Alehagen U, Johansson P, Bjornstedt M, et al
- Selenium works in close conjunction with vitamin E as an antioxidant to prevent the formation of free radicals
- Research is now showing, through numerous studies, that there is a link between thyroid metabolism and selenium deficiency. Selenium acts as a catalyst for the production of active thyroid hormones
- Selenium is required for proper sperm motility and also increases blood flow
- Supports the Immune System - according to studies, selenium is needed for the proper functioning of the immune system, and can also be a key nutrient in counteracting the development of viruses
Swiss BioEnergetics Guarantees High Quality Selenium ACE manufactured exclusively in the UK to GMP code of practice and ISO 9001, using only the finest quality raw materials in their highest grade and purest form so you receive a consistently high quality product.
Suitable for both Vegetarians and Vegans.
Selenium ACE 50mcg 365 Tablets
Take 1-2 tablets per day with food
Vitamin A (as Beta-Carotene) 800mcg
Vitamin C 60mg
Vitamin E 10mg
Other Ingredients: Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate
Suitable for both vegans and vegetarians
Always consult your GP before taking nutritional supplements if you are taking medication or are under medical supervision.
If pregnant or lactating mothers please consult your doctor before using health supplements.
Store in a cool dry place, out of reach of children.
You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet. Do not exceed the stated dose.
Selenium ACE is a potent antioxidant combination of Selenium with vitamins A, C and E to help protect against free radicals. Provided in an easy to swallow daily tablet, Selenium ACE is manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice to guarantee quality and safety.
The importance of Selenium, a trace element, has only been recognised for around 50 years but is now considered the most important trace element in your diet. Selenium is important for normal cell growth and immunity, whilst it also supports the action of a liver enzyme (P450) involved in detoxifying carcinogens in the body.
As a trace mineral we only need a small amount of Selenium to be effective. Unfortunately, in Europe there is a large amount of Selenium deficiency.
This is because the best dietary source of selenium is wheat, but crops grown on European soil tend to be low in the mineral. According to a study by Rayman, "the level of intake in Europe and some parts of the world is not adequate." This study is also worth looking at in relation to the benefits Selenium supplementation can provide.
The key to selenium supplementation is not taking too much. There are some high strength selenium supplements on the market but the most recent research shows that it is important not to take too much selenium. The health support benefits of selenium increase to a certain level and then plateaus for a while before actually dipping.
Optimum Selenium Dosage
For people living in Northern and Western Europe it is recommended that women take 50-60 mcg a day to raise levels to the ideal range, and for men it is 100 mcg.
If you live in the US the good news is that you probably don't need to supplement with selenium at all.
Selenium ACE provides optimum dose daily selenium supplementation and antioxidant protection.
Swiss BioEnergetics Selenium ACE is manufactured in the UK to GMP code of practice and ISO 9001 quality assurance certification. These manufacturing procedures ensure that the basic manufacturing practices and prerequisites necessary for product quality and safety are being followed.
Suitable for vegetarians and vegans.