Astaxanthin capsules provide the highest quality source of Astaxanthin obtained from our unique strain of marine algae (Haematococcus pluvialis) cultivated in Nelson, New Zealand. Nelson is known for its clean air, clean water, sunny skies and its worldwide reputation in aquaculture.
The algae is grown in a specialist photobioreactor system that allows targeted control over the growing environment, guaranteeing consistent high quality production of Astaxanthin. Customers can be assured to receive the highest grade natural Astaxanthin.
Traditional anti-oxidants include substances like Resveratrol, Co-enzyme Q10, ECGC and essential vitamins and minerals like Vitamin E and C. However, Astaxanthin is now thought to be the most powerful antioxidant found in nature and, unlike other sources, never becomes pro-oxidant whilst in the body:
800 x stronger than CO-Q10
550 x stronger than Green Tea Catechins
75 x stronger than Alpha Lipoic Acid
6000 x stronger than Vitamin C.
Take 1-3 softgels daily with food.
Suspended in extra virgin olive oil in a one piece vegetarian soft gel capsule
Contains NO: Salt, Sugar, Starch, Shellfish, Wheat, Maize, Gluten, Lactose, Yeast, Dairy products, Artificial Preservatives – Dyes or Colours
Suitable for vegetarians & vegans.
If on medication or under medical supervision always consult your GP before taking health supplements.
If pregnant or nursing consult your GP before taking health supplements.
You should not take supplements as a substitute for a varied balanced diet.
Anti-oxidants are important as they prevent harmful molecules (called free radicals) from causing damage to our brain function, DNA and cells. The free radical molecules can cause medical conditions including heart disease, dementia, inflammation and even cancer. They also can take their toll on the physical state by causing poor vision, signs of premature aging (such as wrinkles) and extreme fatigue. Astaxanthin can also help support a healthy immune system as well as cardiovascular and neurological systems.
There are currently over 1000 studies of astaxanthin, supporting the wide-ranging health support benefits including:
- Promotes healthy inflammatory response to support your body's natural defences against inflammation.
- Supports against fatigue, including supporting your body's natural recovery from exercise.
- Supports eye health - there are well-designed positive human clinical trials supporting eye health with Astaxanthin being shown to have a unique ability to cross through a barrier and reach your retina.
- Body Cell Cleansing - unique molecular lipophilic and hydrophilic properties allow Astaxanthin to span the entire cell, putting it in a league of its own.
- Skin health support - clear and consistent studies show excellent results for Astaxanthin helping with skin moisture levels, smoothness, elasticity, fine wrinkles, and spots or freckles. Also supports skin health during normal Sun exposure.
- Astaxanthin crosses the blood-brain barrier AND the blood-retinal barrier (beta carotene and lycopene do not), which brings antioxidant and anti-inflammatory protection to your eyes, brain and central nervous system.